The Information We Collect
We collect certain information in the course of operating our business for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, including when you access, use, or interact with our Website or other online services. Some of the information we collect includes “personal information,” which is information that can identify you or that we can link to you as an individual.
The information we collect from you may include, without limitation:
- your individual name and/or business entity name;
- contact information, including personal and/or business address (physical and/or postal), phone number(s), and email address;
- demographic information, such as your postal code; and
- information related to your use and interaction with our Website, such as your IP address.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you, for example:
- communicate with us by email, on social media or through other means;
- register for, or request that we send you, updates and other marketing and promotional materials;
- reply to our communications or requests for information; or
- complete forms on our Website or in-person or otherwise provide us with information.
You may decline to provide us with some or all your information that personally identifies you; however, restricting information may materially reduce and diminish the value of our service(s) to you.
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, brokers and independent agents and from other third parties. Examples may include:
- Social media. If you choose to link, create, or log in to your account with a social media service (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), or if you engage with a separate app or website that communicates with third parties, we may receive personal information about you or your connections from that service. Please note that the information we may receive is governed by the privacy policies of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
- Real estate professionals.
How We Use Your Information
By using and accessing the Website and the Services and providing us your information through the Website or through any other means, you agree that any and all data that you have entered or may enter in the future on the Website, as well as any data you may provide in connection with Services, you consent to our and our third party providers’ compilation, processing, and analyzing of such information, as well as the anonymous disclosure of such aggregated and anonymous data to a third party.
We may use your information to, among other things:
- perform due diligence that enables us to provide services to you;
- respond to your inquiries, comments, and posts on different platforms such as social media or to send newsletters/push notifications/texts to you in order to inform you of our present and upcoming services;
- send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- personalize your experience;
- comply with all applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those outside your country of residence, and legal process; and
- respond to requests from public, regulatory or government authorities, including public, regulatory or government authorities outside your country of residence.
We may also compile, process, analyze, and disclose aggregated, anonymous data for the purpose of developing anonymous aggregated reports, improving our algorithms, quantify how our Website and Services are utilized and develop related new materials, services and features.
Sharing Your Information
We may disclose information we collect from you to the following persons or entities:
- our affiliated entities and associated companies;
- our employees, sub-contractors, partners, lenders, agents or service providers who work for us where required or necessary under contractual requirements, for the performance of their duties and in line with the purposes for such collection;
- others with your consent or at your direction;
- law enforcement, other government authorities, or third parties as we believe to be reasonably necessary or appropriate: (1) to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable government request, including without limitation a subpoena; (2) to enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations; (3) to protect our operations; (4) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), where your information may be part of the transferred assets; (5) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and (6) to protect against harm to the rights, interests, property or safety of us, the users of our Website or Services, or the public as required or permitted by law.
How we protect and store your information:
The security of your information is important to us. We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Encryption technology, including current industry-standard encryption protocols, protects personal information in certain areas of our websites during transmission across the Internet. If you have questions about the security of your information, please contact us as provided for under “Contact Us” below.
We retain the information we collect for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We encourage you to take reasonable measures to protect your password and your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window if you use a shared computer in a public place such as a library or an Internet cafe.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we do all we can to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of information you provide on the Website.
The Website is not directed to or intended for children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 16 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have information about your child, please contact us as provided for under “Contact Us” below.
745 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10151
We offer you choices about how to manage how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g. order status). To opt out of direct mail, please send your request to email@example.com and include your postal address in the body of the email.
- Updating Your Information. You may update or correct your personal information related to your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, then please contact us at email@example.com We will respond to requests within a reasonable timeframe.
- Request Confidential Communications. You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
Please note that we may not be able to delete all of your data upon request depending on the , including but not limited to our legal obligations and the nature of your interactions with the Website.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We collect certain types of personal information about you during your relationship with us as a user, resident, owner, or visitor. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you have the right to request certain information that we collect about you, including:
- the categories of personal information we have collected from you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business purpose we have for collecting or sharing that personal information;
- the categories of third parties that we share personal information with; and
- your personal Information we have collected.
In addition, you may request that we provide you with:
- the categories of your personal information that we may have sold, and the categories of third parties to whom such personal information was sold;
- the categories of your personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose;
- the category or categories of consumers’ personal information that we have sold, or if we have not sold consumers’ personal information; and
- the category or categories of consumers’ personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, or if we have not disclosed that information for a business purpose.
Please note that if we collected information about you for a single one-time transaction and do not keep that information in the ordinary course of business, that information will not be retained for purposes of a request under this section. In addition, if we have de-identified or anonymized data about you, we are not required to re-identify or otherwise link your identity to that data if it is not otherwise maintained that way in our records.
As a California resident, you also have the right, at any time, to tell us not to sell your personal information, which is the “right to opt-out” of the sale. You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
You may make a written request to us here to request this information. We may require that you confirm your identity and your residency in order to obtain the information, and you are only entitled to make this request twice a year. You may call, email or write us with your request at the contact information below. Please include “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident by including a California postal address in your request. We will respond to your request within 45 days or let you know if we need additional time.
You can reach us as follows:
212 380 2100
We may be unable to respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request certain information from us regarding the collection and sale of your personal information (as defined in Nevada Revised Statutes 603A.320) during your visit to our websites or when you otherwise interact with us online. If you have sought or acquired, by purchase or lease, any goods or services for personal, family, or household purposes from the Website, you may ask us to disclose whether we have sold (for monetary consideration) certain information about you (including your first and last name, physical address, email address, telephone number, social security number, an identifier that allows you to be contacted either physically or online, or other contact information that allows us to identify you personally).
Nevada residents may also request to opt out of us sharing your personal information. To make this request, please submit a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You must include your full name, email address, and attest that you are a Nevada resident by providing a Nevada postal address in your request. Please state whether you are requesting information and/or opting out. We will process your request within sixty (60) days, or we will let you know if we need additional time. We may require additional information to verify your identity before we can respond.